Helping Seniors Handle Spring Cleaning
Some of us look forward to the ritual of spring cleaning and the senior you know in nursing care may well enjoy it too. Spring cleaning helps us transition to the warmer months and longer days. Making the most of the nice weather can bring a little spring in anyone’s step. Tasks that are done together feel a lot less like work and more like fun.
At Adult Care Advisors, we suggest that clients stay involved with their elderly seniors, especially at times like spring cleaning. Helping with tasks that would require them to get on their hands and knees or climb a ladder can be immensely useful; and it will keep your seniors safe.
If your senior lives in assisted living or nursing care, some of the common spring cleaning tasks may already be done for them. If they are living at home, your help is likely to be very beneficial.
Indoor Spring Cleaning Chores to Help Seniors
Some of the indoor spring cleaning chores that you can help a senior with include:
- Washing windows
- Changing batteries in smoke detectors
- Cleaning air conditioner vents
- Wiping down walls
- Vacuuming along the ceilings for cobwebs
- Cleaning off the tops of tall objects (refrigerators, cupboards, pictures)
- Moving furniture to vacuum underneath
- Cleaning hanging lights and replacing bulbs
Outdoor Spring Cleaning Chores
Again, depending on where your senior is living, some spring cleaning chores may be taken care of. The following are common outdoor spring cleaning chores:
- Trimming overgrown bushes and trees
- Preparing flowerbeds for summer planting
- Bringing seasonal furniture out and cleaning it off
- Replacing the tank in a gas grill
- Picking up and planting new flowers
Lending a hand with these tasks can go a long way to reducing the number of injuries the senior in your care experiences. Not to mention, a fresh, clean house is the best way to start the summer months.
At Adult Care Advisors, we can help families learn about the options they have available to care in the best way possible for the seniors in their lives.
Get in touch with our team of senior care experts today for advice on spring cleaning chores and how to help your senior get ready for summer.