Make the Right Choice: Independent Living or Assisted Living?
With the many senior care options available today, picking the most appropriate one is not easy. Adult Care Advisors has a team of experienced senior care consultants with the right knowledge and expertise to help you make an informed decision.
Often enough, people who don’t know enough about senior care make mistakes when choosing between Independent Living and Assisted Living. While they have their similarities, there are important distinctions that can make a huge difference to your choice and the subsequent care for your loved one.
Differentiating Between Independent Living and Assisted Living
Independent Living: This is the ideal senior care option for elders interested in freedom and choice.
- It is a housing arrangement without the maintenance hassles or worrying about the upkeep of renting or owning a home.
- These communities offer spacious apartments and an abundance of activities to participate in.
- Typically, independent living communities encourage social interaction and offer a wide array of lifestyle amenities and services.
- Attention is given to recreational activities, restaurant-style dining, transport facilities and cleaning and laundry services.
- Traditionally, independent living does not offer medical care services, however, some communities do allow home care attendants, should you choose to age in place.
Assisted Living: Provides you with that comforting, ‘home-away-from-home’ feeling.
- It is often looked at as the senior care option that provides you with the best of both worlds.
- Residents benefit from top quality personal care while still enjoying a fair bit of independence.
- It is perfect for seniors seeking assistance with daily tasks like cooking meals, maintaining the house and keeping up with regular medical care.
We know that selecting the right senior care community can be overwhelming. Get in touch with our team of experts at Adult Care Advisors and we would be happy to answer your questions.