What to Look for When Touring an Assisted Living Community
Looking for an assisted living community that is ideal for your senior can be hard. After all, you want to find the best adult care available and it has to be within a suitable price range. It makes sense to learn what each assisted living community is like by touring the facility rather than simply relying on printed brochures and online information sources. The process does not have to be intimidating or overwhelming, but it should be thorough so that you get the right place the first time.
At Adult Care Advisors, we recommend that seniors and their adult children spend some time in the assisted living communities they are interested in. Meet with the admissions director and have a list of questions prepared to ask.
7 Questions to Ask the Admissions Director
As you tour the assisted living community, be sure to ask lots of questions. Some of the most important ones are:
- Do you transport to local doctor appointments, or are there doctors that visit the community?
- What types of senior care services does this community offer?
- What activities and trips do you offer to members of the community?
- Do you offer respite stays to try out and get a feel for the community?
- What makes this community different from other assisted living communities?
- What are the qualifications of the nursing staff?
- Do you include family members in your resident care planning?
At Adult Care Advisors, we help families understand their assisted living community options and make the right choices for their seniors. You can only do so much research online. At some point, you have to put feet on the ground and tour the community to get a first-hand look at where your senior will be living and spending their time.
Get in touch with our team of senior care experts when you are ready to tour an assisted living community and learn more about what good senior care involves.